by Never Say Free
Basically we want to build a platform where people can share their friends with others with a voting functionality to determine how other people think about the friend you shared.
One will be getting credits for good friends he shared and can then spend the credits to get further information(profile link) about people he is interested in.
/ Important Issues /
You have to login facebook on Beauty Book website, the button at the upper right corner.
If you login facebook ID on facebook website only, and then direct link to Beauty Book website, it well show error alert or back to the home-page.
Sorry for we neglect.
Our website should work on most modern browser but we are mostly testing it against Firefox.
To explore our site one can do the following:
* enter http://never-say-free.nko3.jitsu.com/
Recommend & Love
- Login with facebook by clicking the facebook connect button in the top right
- in the home page you'll be seeing photos popping out on the left hand side and notifications of people recommending/liking will be showing on the right hand side
- entering the Recommendation page, you can choose a friend from your friend list on the bottom of the page (might load for awhile if you have many friends) and "Recommend" him/her.
- Friend you chose will show up with a "Recommend" button and a list of tag you might add to describe this friend(currently only one tag can be attached to a person). choose a tag and click Recommend then your friend is pushed to the public.
- a notification saying someone has been recommended should be shown on the right for everyone with a "love" button to vote (similar to "like" in facebook)
- on the search page you can select male/female and their tag to search
- click on the profile picture if you want to make friend with him/her
- if you have enough credits, you'll be redirect to his/her facebook profile page
- in this page you can review the last 5 friends you shared, last 5 persons you 'loved'
- just below your profile picture, there are the amount of people you recommended and credits you have by sharing them (minus credits spent)
- in the Match section you might see people those you 'loved' and 'loved' you, that is, you 'loved' each other.
on the back end parts, we are only using node.js with users' Facebook account information to build up the whole site.
on the front end, we use bootstrap, jQuery, socket.io with html5 and css3 animations to build an interactive website showing new recommendations and 'love' count updates in realtime.