Patrick is the founder of webpagetest.org and is part of the team at Google responsible for making the web faster.
hey, thanks for looking at it. I've heard that a few times. I got pretty lucky with the judges not running into it (until now) :) I'd say "please try firefox and safari" in the hopes of getting lucky, but it seems like people that get it, get it in everything... sorry you weren't able to check it out.
Thanks for your input! We also have a lot of ideas for improvement. You should know we came up with the actual game idea on saturday :)
Regarding your suggestions: There is a counter for whose turn it is - the tubes in the top right. If they are glowing, you can make your move. They are turning off as your time goes down. If they are all off, it's your opponent's turn.
With the note range you mean it's too hard to guess? Well... for a musical ear it can be too easy. We have chosen a pentatonic scale so our randomly generated patterns always sound as pleasing as possible, and only 6 different notes to make it not too hard to play.
Thanks. Yes, there is a lot more to be done and I hope to continue this as an open source project :)
Thanks for the detailed comments. It's not intended to make requests for your sites visitor's account or based on parameters defined by the user. It doesn't make sense to cache those 1-off requests so you should just go direct. Many of our clients embed their own YouTube, Twitter or Flickr feeds on their pages. Same request every time so it makes sense to cache it.
SPAS can make requests on behalf of a specific user using OAuth (if authentication is required).
As for not all of them populating until they are all complete,
A feature I did not have time to add, was a timeout on the request to the API. If the API is taking too long or bombs out then the stale data should be returned. The data would be updated once the API returns a response so the next request to SPAS would be current.
I also confess there is a bug. I am not tracking my asynchronous requests properly and it is prematurely returning a response leaving some of the API panes empty.
Yep, I should have made those calls asynchronous. Wasn't really thinking too much about those sample pages.
Hi. Yes. It has more bugs than we would like to have. This one is forgotten hardcoded localhost url in client part, which we found five minutes after code close time. But this is only beggining we promise :)